Sunday, September 10, 2006

From Amanda

The LORD, He is the One
who goes before you.
He will be with you.
Deuteronomy 31:8

Reach for His Hand
~N~ Once many years ago when I was going through
a dark period I prayed and prayed, but the heavens 
seemed to be brass. I felt as though God a had disap-
peared and that I was alone with my trial and burden.
It was a dark night for my soul.                               
I wrote my mother about the experience and will
never forget her reply: "Son, there are many times    
when God withdraws to test your faith. He wants you 
to trust Him in the darkness. Now, Son, reach up by   
faith in the fog and you will find that His hand will     
be there. "In tears I knelt by my bed and experienced
an overwhelming sense of God's presence.                   
Whether or not we feel God's presence when our
way seems dark, by faith we know He is there. You     
can stake your life on His promise: "I will never leave 
you or forsake you" (Heb. 13:5).

HugsDoodleWacky@aol.com

No comments: