Tuesday, September 5, 2006

From Amanda

 

Dear,Krissy and John,
              I have been thinking of you guys and always praying you both.How is the weather there?The weather here is gloomy,wants to make me go back to bed.Feels like a good day to sleep in.I wish I was thre to give you both a great big hug.How was your Labor day yesterday?We didnt do much,my Mom and DAd went to dinner with my Sister and Her family,I just stayed home,I like to stay home and have some quiet time to myself.lol.But I did get a few things done.I like sharing theese things with you,I get them from an online freind of mine.I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.I will be thinking of you both.Have a great day.
 
God bless,
Amanda
 
Behold, I make all things new.
Revelation 21:5

Home at Last
~N~ Heaven is a place so beautiful that when John,
  the Apostle, caught a glimpse of it, the only thing to    
which he could liken it was as a young woman on the   
crowning day of her life: her wedding day. He said    
that the holy city was like "a bride beautifully         
dressed for her husband" (Rev. 21:2, NIV).             
Artist have tried to paint pictures of Heaven-
but even the most impressive image falls far short of
the reality. John's pen (under the inspiration of the 
Holy Spirit) could only hint at the splendor we shall 
see some day: "It shone with the glory of God, and   
its brilliance as like that of a very precious jewel,  
like a jasper, clear as crystal" (Rev. 21:11, NIV).     
Yet the Bible's emphasis is not on Heaven's
beauty but on Heaven's joy. The Bible teaches that 
Heaven will be a home that is happy because there   
will be nothing in it to hinder happiness. "And there
shall by no means enter it anything that defies...      
But the throne of God and the Lamb shall be in        
it" (Rev. 21:27; 22:3).   
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda,  The weather here has been rainy, muggy, and foggy, and full of humidity!  The fog was so thick today it was like pea soup.  I didn't think I was going to make it to the hospital this morning at first b/c of the fog.  And then the puddles on the road were so deep last night - there was so much flooding, but thankfully in the opposite direction I was going in.

Last weekend (Labor day) was about the same.  I hope it gets nicer sooner, as it makes for less accidents that way!

Labor Day weekend was a pretty good one.  John and I had a quiet one b/c their was a skeleton staff, and skeleton activities.  We watched our college football team win!  it was a pretty nice weekend.

Glad you had quiet time last weekend

Thanks for the bible verses.  You always have the best verses and devotions to ponder!  Love you girl,

Krissy :)