Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chemo brain
Krissy, chemo brain is nothing to be afraid of.  All you need is to stock up on pens, pencils, note pads, and post it notes.  At first I wondered if I was coming down with the early stages of Alzheimer's.  I would be ready to go someplace and get in the car and forget where I was going to go. Or I wanted to call someone and until I got to the phone I forgot who I wanted to call or why I wanted to call them if I remembered who I was going to call.  After a while you learn how to deal with that by writing yourself notes, several notes and leaving the notes at various locations.  But the absolute worse part of chemo brain for me is not being able to find the right word.  When my first grand nephew was born I wanted to ask my sister if he was circumcised and the only word I could think of was castrated.  Right area.  WRONG WORD!!  I have also found that I have to be rude in conversation and butt in.  If I don't butt in, I forget what I have to say or ask.  People who know me, know the reason for this and understand.  I always explain this to knew people around me. Now that we know that John is going to be around for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time, he is going to be so much funnnnnnnnnnnnn to be around.  Enjoy. 
 

No comments: