Tuesday, June 26, 2007

From Krissy

Gee, I feel bad.  Leaving everybody in the dark.  No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. 

John and I have been in Hershey.  Since Monday of last week.  Sorry I haven't written an entry before now.  But John was going to about three tests or appointments a day. 

We have been staying in Hope Lodge.  Instead of admitting John into the hospital, the doctors have just been giving him tests all day.  He had very high fevers for about two weeks.  They are calling his diagnosis "fevers of unknown origin".  Now along with his oncologist Dr. Claxton, he has another specialist named Dr. Zurlo, who is an Infectious Disease Specialist.  He is searching for the cause of John's fevers but cannot ascertain the cause.  Actually, John's fevers stopped a couple of days ago, but Dr. Zurlo and Dr. Claxton are still examining him, as these fevers have come on and off for a couple of months now.

John goes to see Dr. Claxton tomorrow (Tuesday).  There is a possibility we may get to go home.  They will still work on his case, but maybe from a long distance.  Maybe they can do more tests from where we live, and see him back in a few weeks.  I hope so, b/c I am ready to go home.

Speaking of home, we are packing up the apartment, b/c we have found a new one!  It is the one I mentioned to you all that we wanted.  I am so excited!  It is nice and new and clean, which will be good for John's immune system.  And it is pretty!  I can't wait to go.  It has more room, so we won't be so crammed.  I am looking forward to a change.

Well, there is so much more that I want to tell you, but I have to get up early tomorrow.  In the morning I have to go to the hospital and straighten out an insurance issue, pick up a med for John, then John has to get a test done, and then it is off to Dr. Claxton's for an office visit.  And then if we get to go home, it is back to Hope Lodge to pack, and ready the room for the next guest.  I guess that is not a lot, it is all in a day's work.  

I want to tell you a lot more that is going on, which I will, when I get a chance.  Yes, I guess I am being mysterious, LOL.

Oh, somebody asked me how my sleep apnea machine is working.  I don't get that until I get back from Hershey.  There was a mixup and they didn't even start me on it!  As far as my Narcolepsy med, it was working great for awhile.  Now I still fall asleep some.  I think the med needs to be adjusted a lot, but I don't get to see the neurologist till August.  It is infuriating, but they are saying there is no way to get in and see the narcolepsy doctor early.  Meanwhile I just fall asleep a lot.  Oh well.

Okay, I must go to bed now.

Lots of love, and I will try not to wait in posting so long next time.

Krissy :) 

1 comment:

am4039 said...

I hope John is doing better, it's so nice to hear from you. I worry about you two. Good that you got that apartment. Hugs to you.